The National Electrical and Communications Association (NECA) is the peak industry body that represents the best interests of the electrical and communications contracting industry in Australia.
The successful candidate would deliver day-to-day hands-on dedicated support to the association’s website front & back-end, various online marketing and business development processes. It is a pro-active delivery-based role working with/on the range of market-leading technology-based marketing systems used across NECA. Thorough training will be provided for all systems. Being able to draft basic copy would be an advantage, but is not essential.
1. A sound understanding of, and interest in, technology.
2. A competent user of reasonably intuitive systems (all of our packages and platforms are off-the-shelf systems).
3. An interest in improving the way we use, and thereby maximise, our systems.
4. Ability to help other users with less technology experience (particularly in the state chapters).
5. Ability to devise Ad-Hoc solutions to solve problems.
1. A friendly and willing-to-help approach.
2. Worked with Microsoft word, excel, outlook on a basic level
3. A good attention to detail.
4. An ability to do basic research.
5. An appreciation of deadlines.
6. A preparedness to ask for help when needed.
7. An advantage to a potential candidate would be previous knowledge and/or experience in a CRM system such as Aptify and/or knowledge in Swift Digital or another digital marketing platform.
9. An interest in emerging web technologies
10. A fundamental understanding of any relational database management system is not required but would be an advantage
11. Experience in using Adobe Photoshop for basic renders and transmogrify and rework a collection of digital imageries.
The applicant is to have an interest in the technology aspect of business development and marketing in a not-for-profit organisation. This is not a creative marketing role and is suitable to those with an IT, research and/or business focus.
Successful candidate must be enrolled in a degree at an Australian University in ICT/IT, Business or Marketing related field.
This is a part time role- 3 days per week for 12 months, scholarship amount $16,000 tax free.
Work Integrated Learning