HCL - Associate Software Engineer/Trainee Software Engineer Intern
The position is at beginner level which works under the overall supervision of senior team members. The primary focus of this role is to understand and learn the various aspects of a software development life cycle, quality processes, standards, domain and nuances of service delivery. The position holder is expected to be able to learn SAP Fiori Module to be able to start contributing in a project (internal / external) and ensure timely delivery.
- Understands broadly the customer needs as articulated in the functional specification by seeking necessary guidance from senior members of the team.
- Understands the basic design specifications necessary for coding
- Understands the coding guidelines and executes coding under close supervision of senior members of the team.
- Understands and analyzes the bug description under close supervision of Senior members of the team
- Learns about the various available de-bugger tools and techniques
- Fixes bugs after getting a good understanding of the overall debugging process
- Understands the porting concepts
- Carries out necessary debugging and testing to ensure the functional specifications are met
- Has a conceptual understanding of managing code configurations
- Participates and focuses in finding out areas of improvement in code quality
- Participates in the reviews to understand and learn
- Actively uses the Knowledge management system to enhance practical knowledge
- Tracks metrics of the work allocated
- Has an overall business understanding and consciously manages his/her utilization level
- Understands and adheres to project specific processes
- Provides status updates to the superiors
- Ensures that the goals are set for self at the beginning of the performance period and has clarity regarding the role expectations.
- Identifies self training needs and seeks avenues to bridge capability gaps
- Understands the customer platforms and studies case report from the past
Qualifications/Desired Skills and Experiences
- Final year of a bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent at an Australian University
- Must be an Australian Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident
- 0-2 year of experience
- Priority setting in a job context involving many various tasks;
- Strong inter-personal and communication qualities
- Commitment to deliver and respond in a timely manner to deadlines
The Scholarship amount is $16k for 6 months full time for undergraduate students. Part time varies.
Suitable candidates may be offered full time employment after 6 months on satisfactory progress in the scholarship role.