HCL - Data Analysis Intern
The position is at beginner level which works under the overall supervision of senior team members. The primary focus of this role is to understand and learn the various aspects of a software development life cycle, quality processes, standards, domain and nuances of service delivery. The position holder is expected to be able to learn data analysis to be able to start contributing in a project (internal / external) and ensure timely delivery.
- Required to identify data requirements;
- Required to identify source data;
- Required to be responsible for analyzing source data & its quality;
- Should capture and develop source to target mapping documents, including data business transformation rules; and
- Create a conceptual data movement model with assistance from Business SME’s;
- Required to define data architecture requirements as part of requirements specification;
- Should define source to target mapping and data transformation rules based on information captured by data analysis;
- Required to provide technical direction to DBA & Developers;
- Required to develop logical Data Models (Entities, Relationships, Hierarchies, Key Attributes);
- Required to translate Logical Data Models into high level physical database model;
- Must work with DBAs to create and maintain physical data models
- Must work with data integration developers to map sources to targets;
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems
- Experience with customer segmentation from a marketing and/or sales perspective and master data management (MDM) methodologies is desirable.
- Knowledge of SAP ISU, SAP CRM, Salesforce applications data models is desirable.
- Knowledge of Sitecore is desirable.
- Knowledge of SQL Server is desirable.
- Knowledge of Cloud architectures is desirable.
Qualifications/Desired Skills and Experiences
- Final year of a bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent at an Australian University
- Must be an Australian Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident
- 0-2 year of experience
- Priority setting in a job context involving many various tasks;
- Strong inter-personal and communication qualities
- Commitment to deliver and respond in a timely manner to deadlines
The Scholarship amount is $16k for 6 months full time for undergraduate students. Part time varies.
Suitable candidates may be offered full time employment after 6 months on satisfactory progress in the scholarship role.