Agilent Technologies is the global leader in Test and Measurement technology. Employing over 19,000 people worldwide, we deliver innovative technologies, solutions and services across the communications, electronics and life sciences industries.
We set high standards. Our people are committed to innovation in ideas, contribution to success, trust, respect and teamwork in partnering together and uncompromising integrity that sustains success.
Intern - What’s in it for you !
Learn what it takes to be part of a world class software and hardware development team, with customers in Europe, Asia and North America, Agilent’s R&D team in Melbourne has what it takes to develop products for the global market. We also have extensive experience working with interns. We partner with the Australian Computing Society Foundation in delivering a program that ensures your professional and personal development, bringing you real-world experience to set you on a pathway for success in your chosen career.
You will be an integral member of a project team supporting our Research and Development strategy that delivers innovative hi-tech solutions to our customers. Work with a global team of world class software developers an industrial designers to deliver leading edge measurement Software to the global market.
We have a 12 month Software UI/UX Designer position in our R&D group, within our Molecular Spectroscopy business. Details are outlined below:
Software UI/UX Designer Internship:
Work as an integral member of a Software development team to deliver critical components or releases to NPD (New Product Development) project and ultimately the market. Make use of various test methods to ensure that quality standards are maintained throughout the Software Development Lifecycle.
Specific tasks may include:
• working with the marketing and field adviser teams to understand laboratory user workflows and design a logical, intuitive and exciting Software UI functional specification
• translating workflow concepts into mockups/prototypes.
• perform user testing on prototypes to iterate and optimize the design
• presenting and adapting prototypes to user groups for interactive feedback
• working with software developers to efficiently implement the UI design into a releasable Software product
External Qualifications & Key skills:
• Industrial Design and/or SW UI/UX conceptual design skills or experience
• Mockup/Prototyping Design Tool experience
• Agile/Scrum Software development process experience (preferred)
• Good verbal and written communication skills, self motivated and self directing
• Completion of at least second year of Bachelors degree majoring in Industrial Design (SW) or SW UI/UX Design or equivalent
When applying, please ensure you include your current results. It is expected that interns would commence late 2017. Please note that the salary is paid via a Scholarship arrangement and is not subject to tax.
Work Integrated Learning
Australian citizen or permanent resident