Damstra Technology - Application Developer Intern
As part of the Damstra Team the role will involve trouble shooting and resolving code related incidents, maintenance and new development work on multiple existing systems and particpation in development of new features and systems as the business grows.
Required skills and Knowledge
- The Programming Language skills we need are:
- C# - (this is where we need to transition moving forward so less critical immediately)
- Transact-SQL (Microsoft SQL Server)
- The framework skills we need are:
- .NET 4.5
- Entity Framework
- WebForms applications
- .NET API’s
- .NET MVC
- Programming Concepts to be comfortable with:
- API’s and Service architecture
- Code Abstraction and Standardisation (generic coding)
- Programs we’d want them to be familiar with are Microsoft SQL Server Manager and Microsoft
- Visual Studio, IIS
- It would also be a benefit for them to be familiar with JIRA and Source Tree, but not necessary.
Desired Experience and Business Skills
- Familiarity with Agile Development processes
- Familiarity with Git
- Able to receive input and professional criticism of their code
- Loves to keep up with the latest technology, but is able to work with legacy code
- Won’t settle for near enough is good enough.
- They take pride in their code being bug free.
- Must be able to pass Australian Federal Police background checks
Must be enrolled in an Australian University program- Bachelor of Computer Engineering or equivalent specialising in software development