Shofer - Technical Programme Developer Intern
This position exists to facilitate the growth of the business by providing effective technology development, testing, and efficient business processes.
- Assist with the maintenance, including replacement if appropriate, of Information & Communication Technologies (ICT) hardware and software, with minimal business interruption.
- Conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new or existing code and/or perform unit testing
- Efficiently manage and control technology development & testing.
- Communicate potential business risks and challenges and potential solutions.
- Identify and coordinate ICT improvement opportunities.
- Provide constructive & efficient help & support on ICT issues to employees and/or contractors, franchisees and customers
- Develop appropriate terms and conditions for use of ICT within SHOFER.
- The development and documentation of business processes associated with system development and testing.
- Develop and participate in initiatives of other teams.
Specific Job Skills:
- Proven technical ICT skills.
- Proven code writing and App development experience.
- Proven ability to manage deadlines and achieve outcomes within them.
- Situational awareness-ability to understand & articulate the technology landscape & where SHOFER sits within it.
- Possess strong problem solving & decision-making skills while using good judgement
- Multi task & change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
- Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficient excel and data manipulation skills
- Exposure and understanding of web technologies
- Experience and understanding:
- Linux Admin
- Exposure & understanding of below systems an advantage:
- Java EE
- Objective C
- Email and online communication tools.
Literacy and Numeracy:
- Sound communication skills, including writing capability and public speaking proficiency.
- Excellent comprehension skills.
- Excellent mathematical and numeracy skills.
- High-level interpersonal skills based on trust & openness.
Desired Experience/Business Skills
- Flexible ‘can-do’ Approach
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Development & nurturing of long-term business relationships
The applicant must be currently enrolled at an Australian University to be able to receive the scholarship.
The scholarship amount is $36,000 per annum tax free for 12 months at 38 hours per week for Postgraduates.