Thinxtra - Begin a lifetime career in IoT - Software Support & DevOps Internship
Thinxtra is empowering Internet of Things by deploying Sigfox world-leading LPWAN connectivity as well as building a full eco-system of IoT solutions & services to enable the non-connected to connect, to increase productivity, accelerate decision making, improve quality of service or simply solve problems in an economic & connected manner.
Thinxtra is an action-oriented, fast moving team whose goal is to connect the unconnected through disruptive technology. The company feeds on a dynamic culture of transparent action and accountability. We continue to challenge convention within the telco industry and will lead the way in delivering innovative IoT products and solutions across ANZ, Asia and the world.
Reporting to the CTO, the DevOps Engineer is responsible for deploying and monitoring Thinxtra’s Cloud based applications. We are looking for a hands on DevOps, with strong System Administration skills as well as software engineering knowledge.
- Deploy & Monitor Thinxtra’s Cloud based apps
- Define & enforce Software Delivery policies
- Ensure all existing software is up and running 24/7.
- Take necessary steps to proactively monitor software.
- Troubleshoot software & operating system issues, fix minor bugs & implement feature improvements on existing software.
- Manage relationships with third party SaaS providers, follow-up with third parties about bug fixes & requested feature upgrades.
- Make sure existing code is up to date.
- Ensure best security practices are implemented on the existing products.
- Help the solutions delivery team in architecting, scoping and implementing new software development projects.
- Execute integration test, resolve integration problems and report on those problems.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Currently studying a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or experience in DevOps, System Administration and / or Software Engineering
- Web development knowledge (Front & Back end).
- Proficiency in Python and / or Node.JS
- Experience with Software Testing (TDD, Unit Tests, Regression Tests)
- Knowledge of CI/CD
- Knowledge of Google Cloud Platform or any other major cloud platform
- Knowledge of Linux, especially CentOS
- Knowledge of Git
- Experience with database administration
- Kubernetes & Serverless applications is a plus
- Strong interest and passion for IoT / LPWAN & Sigfox
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build strong working relationships
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional team player traits
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines under pressure
- A proactive/can do attitude is essential to the success of this role (start-up mindset)
In return for your experience and skills, the organisation will provide:
- An enviable great working environment with a super dynamic and enthusiastic team of 45 people across Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong
- A unique experience at a high growth technological start-up backed up by a government fund and a listed company
- An opportunity to be part of a team that deploys disruptive technology
We are looking for an enthused individual with the right attitude who is not afraid of taking initiative, making things happen and so effectively highly contributing to the success of Thinxtra. The company will provide growth opportunities for the right candidate.
You must be currently enrolled in an Australian university to be eligible for this role. The scholarship amounts to $19,000 for undergraduates, and $21,000 for postgraduates tax-free for 6 months full-time.