News Corp - Junior Developer
News Corp Australia is the nation's largest media company operating over 150 house-hold name brands across print, digital and multimedia including The Australian and news.com.au.. We are proud to be a central part of News Corp, a leading global network of powerful brands in news and information services, sports programming in Australia, digital real estate services, book publishing, digital education and pay-TV distribution in Australia including Fox Sports, Dow Jones, Harper Collins, Realestate.com.au and The Wall Street Journal.
You’ll always be learning and growing.
Learning and development opportunities are here for the taking.
As our bright and ambitious Junior Developer/Technical Producer you will have recently completed a Bachelor degree in Web Development or equivalent and have a very keen interest in everything web.
This role will help you build your skills in web development and help grow your skills in stakeholder management.
Typical activities include (but not limited to):
- Building landing pages for internal stakeholders
- Ensuring work meets its designated timeframes
- Liaising with stakeholders and other teams to complete tasks
- Supporting and helping other team members
- Presenting work to stakeholders for sign-off
As our Junior Developer / Technical Producer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong technical ability and problem solving skills
- Foundation knowledge of backend coding
- Foundation understanding of databases
- Quick learner with the ability to adapt to different coding languages
- Ability to demonstrate composure and confidence in pressure situations
- Self-starter with the ability to resolve issues and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent collaborative and teamwork skills
- Passionate about your work
- Bachelor of Web Development or equivalent
- A keen interest in web development
Desired Additional Skills (Not required):
- Experience in content management systems
- Knowledge of social tools and eDM development
- Knowledge of AngularJS, NodeJS or GulpJS
- Knowledge of source control systems, particularly GIT
We’re delivering the now, and we’re looking to you to deliver the future.
News Corp Australia is evolving in response to the expectations and challenges of the digital world in which we now live. We have an amazing opportunity to reinvent our industry and redefine the future of media in Australia. We are passionate about what we do and proud of our heritage of world-class journalism and entrepreneurial spirit. Our environment is supportive and friendly, we encourage innovation, collaboration and creative thinking. If you thrive on being challenged and enjoy working in a fast-paced stimulating environment, come and join us on this incredible journey.
This is a full time role with a $70,000 per annum remuneration package (negotiable). In order to apply, applicants must be Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents and must not have graduated earlier than 2014 from an IT degree from an Australian University.
Please submit your CV or LinkedIn profile to be considered for this position. For more information on careers at News Corp Australia visit: www.newscorpaustralia.com/careers