Department of Transport - Specialist Software Tester
Department of Transport (DoT) is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity as we believe the best services come from a workplace in which varied viewpoints are welcomed and encouraged.
Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS) directorate is responsible for administering all aspects of driver and vehicle licensing in WA in accordance with the road law. The DVS mission is Safe Drivers, Safe Vehicles,Secure Identities, and Quality Service.
The Autism Academy for Software Quality Assurance (AASQA) at Curtin University is an Australian social innovation initiative with the vision of harnessing the special talents of people with Autism Spectrum for the collective benefit of these individuals, the industry and the wider community. The mission of the AASQA is to enable individuals with Autism Spectrum to leverage their unique talents through outreach, training and educating, and graduate programs, so as to create pathways from schools to valued, long-term employment; whilst addressing the business needs of the Australian ICT industry facing challenges in attracting and retaining software and quality assurance testers within the sector.
Together with the ACS Foundation through Foundation Jobs, AASQA and DoT DVS are offering this opportunity to recent IT graduates and professional in the Autism Spectrum and related conditions.
- Identifies, investigates and analyses issues related to system faults, enhancements and or new initiatives, and devises solutions to the problems identified.
- Develops business requirement documentation for system changes, enhancements and improvements to DVS information management systems, including but not limited to the Transport Executive Licensing Information System (TRELIS).
- Undertakes user acceptance testing for systems changes and enhancements and assists in developing mechanisms to evaluate user acceptance testing effectiveness of implemented changes to DVS information management systems, including but not limited to the Transport Executive Licensing Information System (TRELIS).
- Liaises and consults with internal stakeholders to make recommendations and define workable solutions to meet business and technology requirements.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Knowledge and understanding of user acceptance testing techniques and business analysis.
- Report writing skills, with experience writing technical reports and documentation.
- Sound research, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Work effectively in a small team, including being willing to support colleagues so that the overall team is successful.
- Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and consistency.
- Work independently, and as a member of a team in contributing positively to the achievement of team goals.
Recent IT graduates and IT professionals on the Autism spectrum and related conditions are welcome to apply.
We request applicants to include at least one of these documents in the application as proof of formal
A current national police clearance certificate incorporating criminal and traffic convictions and infringements is required for this position.
- The original diagnosis report
- Letter of confirmation from the doctor
- Letter of confirmation from the Local Area Coordinator
Type: Contract Role
Start Date: February 2017
Hours: 37.5 hrs/pw(Full-time); Possible part-time
Length: 6 months
Rate: $20.21/hours including super
Send your resume, cover letter, letter of diagnosis and proof of residency to Leila Enojas at email@example.com or call 0401 317 879