Macquarie Telecom - L1 Helpdesk Analyst Scholarship
Current exciting projects you will be part of:
- Deployment of the latest laptops operating with Windows 10
- Virtual Machine Server Farm Upgrade project between our data centres.
- User Migration to Office 365, assisting to ensure smooth transition for all users
- Assist in the testing and deployment of a new Video Conferencing System
- Assisting in the testing and deployment of a new VOIP phone system
The IT Helpdesk Analyst is an important member of the IT Infrastructure and Helpdesk Team providing first class support to internal users and supporting most corporate systems. The team is responsible for supporting around 450 internal users. Being a hosting led company, we have the privilege of working with bleeding edge technologies and play an important role as the typical customer base, in providing feedback to product managers on current offerings and upcoming ones.
The IT Helpdesk Analyst is a passionate individual that CARES about people, enjoys the daily interaction with users and will own technical issues till resolution while providing timely updates to the users. This individual will go above and beyond and will delight their customers at every opportunities.
- The face of internal IT Help Desk for Macquarie Telecom
- Passionate about IT Support
- Customer Service Centric Role
- Proactive in nature, with the ability to learn on the job
- Opportunity to specialise in areas of your interest
- Some afterhours project tasks may be required from time to time.
- Provide customer facing and over the phone support for initial fault diagnosis; liaise with customer throughout to ensure satisfactory resolution of problem.
- Administration and Support of internal users’ accounts on Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS Lync, MS SharePoint, Office 365 and other internally developed systems.
- Assist with Telephony System related incidents including first and second Level Support and escalations to vendor as required.
- Manage the Helpdesk Incident queues ensuring that all resolutions are achieved within agreed the agreed SLAs.
- Run and/or assist with fortnightly Company Wide Video Conferences and ad-hoc meetings including: bring together presentations, preparation of conference rooms, testing and Live Broadcast.
- Maintain records of all incidents and problems through ticket management system such as JIRA.
- Provide Hardware and Software Fault Diagnosis and support for internal Computers.
Systems and Software Utilised in Role
Experience or working knowledge in the field of troubleshooting, advanced operations or similar, in any of the listed software/systems is desirable but not mandatory.
- Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.)
- Microsoft Lync
- Microsoft Great Plains Dynamics
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Office 365
- Internet Explorer 10 & 11 (Troubleshooting)
- System Administration
- Microsoft Active Directory – Users and Computer
- Microsoft Exchange Management Console
- Microsoft Virtual Machine Manager
This position reports to the IT Infrastructure Team Leader. The IT Help Desk Analyst operates in a system of escalations and is required to adhere to directions given from the Level 2 or 3 Engineers.
- At least 2 years completed Tertiary IT Qualifications from an Australian university
- Some experience in PC Hardware configuration utilising imaging software.
- Experience supporting LAN’s, PC operating systems and desktop software.
- Previous exposure working in a variety of PC fields including Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Exchange, Windows 7/8, TCP/IP.
- Previous exposure with Windows Server 2008 and administration of a LAN environment would be highly desirable.
- Communication and interpersonal skills User Training
- Problem solving and analytical skills Report writing
- Ability to prioritise and control workload
Financials and Prerequisites
Scholarship amount for 12 months’ full time is $34,000 tax-free. Applicants must be Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents currently studying/enrolled(must have completed 2 semesters) in an IT degree from an Australian University in order to receive scholarship payments if offered the scholarship.