Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
As an Intern, you will apply your function specific sophomore year coursework to a variety of focused hands-on projects. At the same time, you will gain and apply knowledge about Agilent"s industry, infrastructure and products in your assignment. This is developing real world experience in a company that is a leader in the markets it serves.
Specific Job Description:
• Familarisation of Agilent products and processes relevant to HTC and Compliance testing
• Test and evaluate Agilent products and assemblies in accordance with the requirements of the hardware testing procedures and manuals, insuring conformance to corporate, regulatory and safety requirements.
• Define and implement test methods, procedures, limits and set-ups. Verify that the tests meet required measurement specifications.
• Design custom test fixtures to conduct reliability testing.
• Troubleshoot upon test failures, determine root cause of failures, and recommend engineering solution options to the designers.
• Report results to appropriate functions.
• Develop plans and schedules for equipment coming in for testing. Stay abreast of changes in schedule and make necessary adjustments.
• Perform technical work to ensure that equipment and machinery relating to testing activities are maintained at best working conditions with minimum down time.
• Perform calibration and maintenance, or work with third parties to ensure calibration and maintenance is performed per schedule and to specification.
• Provide training and assistance to others on how to use equipment and operate a test. Certify others to perform required tests.
External Qualifications : You will have completed at least your second year at an Australian University.
Ideally you will have completed Mechtronics/Automation/robotics related subject with an aggregate result of 75% or above
Agilent is an equal opportunity employer.
Engineering - preferably Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics.
Work Integrated Learning
Australian citizen or permanent resident