Thinxtra - Begin a lifetime career in IoT - Software Intern
Thinxtra is empowering Internet of Things by deploying Sigfox world-leading LPWAN connectivity as well as building a full eco-system of IoT solutions & services to enable the non-connected to connect, to increase productivity, accelerate decision making, improve quality of service or simply solve problems in an economic & connected manner.
Thinxtra is an action-oriented, fast moving team whose goal is to connect the unconnected through disruptive technology. Our company feeds on a dynamic culture of transparent action and accountability. We continue to challenge convention within the telco industry and will lead the way in delivering innovative IoT products and solutions across ANZ, Asia and the world.
Reporting to the Technical Project Manager, the Software Engineer is responsible for designing and developing Thinxtra’s Cloud based applications for customers and internal software projects that enable business efficiency and capability . We are looking for a hands on Software Engineer, with strong problem solving and software engineering skills.
- Design, develop and configure software applications
- Deploy & handover Thinxtra’s Cloud based apps to Operations
- Improve & enforce Software Development process
- Ensure all existing software is designed and developed to quality and scalability.
- Document designs to fulfil project requirements
- Troubleshoot software & operating system issues, fix minor bugs & implement feature improvements on existing software.
- Develop software tools supporting pre-sales and sales activities, including:
- IoT Devices Registration and Management platform
- Proof-of-Concepts platform
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Make sure existing code is up to date.
- Ensure best security practices are implemented on the existing product
- Help the solutions delivery team in architecting, scoping and implementing new software development projects.
- Execute unit and integration testing, resolve integration problems and report on those problems.
Desired Qualification and Skills
- Hold Bachelor"s degree in Computer Science, or experience in Software Engineering
- Entry level role - Recent graduate or FInal internship to complete degree
- Web development knowledge (Front & Back end).
- Proficiency in Python and / or Node.JS
- Experience with APIs
- Experience with Software Testing (TDD, Unit Tests, Regression Tests)
- Knowledge of CI/CD
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or any other major cloud platform
- Experience with Linux, especially CentOS
- Experience with Git
- Experience with database administration
- Kubernetes & Serverless applications is a plus
- Strong interest and passion for IoT / LPWAN & Sigfox
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build strong working relationships
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional team player traits
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and work to deadlines under pressure
- A proactive/can do attitude is essential to the success of this role (startup mindset)
In return for your experience and skills, the organisation will provide:
- An enviable great working environment with a super dynamic and enthusiastic team of 45 people across Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong
- A unique experience at a high growth technological startup backed up by a government fund and a listed company
- An opportunity to be part of a team that deploys disruptive technology
We are looking for an enthused individual with the right attitude who is not afraid of taking initiative, making things happen and so effectively highly contributing to the success of Thinxtra. The company will provide growth opportunities for the right candidate.
You must be currently enrolled in an Australian university to be eligible for this role. The scholarship amounts to $19,000 for undergraduates, and $21,000 for postgraduates tax-free for 6 months full-time.