ACS Foundation is looking for a part-time intern to join their team based in Sydney CBD. The successful intern will be a part of organizing and running the BiG Day In, a national ICT Careers Conference designed to inform, inspire and encourage high school and university students to pursue a career in technology, and the BiG Day In Junior, days consisting of 3-5 workshops held by ICT-related companies to educate and inspire students in Years 5 and 6 about the possibilities in STEM.
A successful candidate will have the flexibility to travel nationwide for the BiG Day In events.
- Co-ordinate, manage and co-host the BiG Day In events;
- Design and develop digital campaigns – graphic designs for event posters, floor banners, and other ad-hoc design duties;
- Collaborate with co-hosts from host venues;
- Liaise with and manage crew members/ volunteers;
- Create and organise slide decks and scripts;
- Occasional outbound calling to high schools.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills and can work autonomously;
- An eye for detail;
- Comfortable working with the Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly Photoshop,
- Illustrator, and occasionally Lightroom) & Microsoft Office Suite;
- Flexibility to work a minimum of 2 full days a week (ideally a minimum of 3 full days a week from March – June) and travel interstate;
- Interest in the IT industry is desirable.
- Must be enrolled in their second year or above of study in an ICT-related undergraduate degree at an Australian University.
- Interstate travel for BiG Day In and/or BiG Day In Junior events;
- Flexibility to work around your university timetable;
- The opportunity to meet and network with large ICT companies like Adobe, Microsoft, TechnologyOne, Apple, WiseTech Global, and more.
THINGS TO NOTE
- Interstate travel is required for this role. The ideal candidate must be able to put most, if not all, of their subjects on Mondays or Fridays (as most BiG Day In events and the required travelling will be on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday).
- Public speaking is a large part of this role. The successful candidate should be comfortable being on stage to MC events and speak in front of large crowds.
This is a part-time role 2-3 days per week for 12 months, scholarship amount is $13,600 (at 2 days per week).
Work Integrated Learning
All except Student Visa holders