NSW Region - Data Engineer
The employee’s duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- To provide technical consulting services to clients, and/or internal clients as directed
- To support the business through attendance at events and training activities as directed
- To maintain their technical skills in line with market developments
- To act in a professional manner and in the best interest of clients at all times.
- 1 + year Applied machine learning, optimisation and/or statistics experience, including internships, projects etc
- Strong Python or R programming experience and related data science libraries (such as scikit-learn, Pandas, Tensorflow/Keras)
- Have experience or are comfortable extracting data from SQL databases and using code versioning (e.g., Git)
- Basic software engineering principles
- Experience with data visualisation tools or frameworks i.e. tableau, D3.js, ggplot2 etc
Desired Experience/Business Skills
- Knowledge or experience of software engineering practices
- Knowledge or experience on time series/product forecasting/recommender systems
- Knowledge of deep learning/neural networks
- Experience working with web development technologies
- Experience working with cloud technologies i.e. AWS / Microsoft / Google Cloud
Studying a computer science, robotics, maths, statistics, physics or related university degree.
This scholarship amounts to $38,000 tax-free for an Undergraduate student and $42,000 tax-free for a Postgraduate student, working 12 months full-time at 40 hours a week.