Agilent - Research and Development Mechanical Engineer Intern
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic, and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications, and expertise.
Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek -- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us.
Want to be at the cutting edge of Research and Development? Join the team that"s taking world-leading Agilent products from design to production. You'll learn about specifying components, how to utilize broad engineering
concepts and research techniques, while also documenting research and design specifications.
While part of a multi-national organization with design and manufacturing all around the world, this specific internship is for the Melbourne office. You will be joining an exciting R&D team to design and develop Agilent’s
new products, as well as support current product engineering.
This includes aspects such as:
- Creating or modify designs using our 3D CAD (Siemens NX)
- Using engineering principles to help solve complex technical problems
- A very hands-on approach: building and testing of prototypes (components level, to full instruments for performance testing and regulatory compliance)
- Designing, building, and testing customized jigs for various support tasks
- Support the manufacturing teams with process design and optimization
- Liaise with external suppliers and work with the other teams (like R&D-Electronics, Marketing, Manufacturing, and the Quality team)
- As part of the R&D team, you will be given the tools and support (including mentoring) to help develop not only the next generation of diagnostics products but also your own skills in design and development, problem-solving,
- A willingness to learn quickly and autonomously
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- A great balance of hands-on practical knowledge and academic/technical knowledge
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, working in a team environment
- Problem-solving capability
- Very strong attention to detail
- Highly self-regulated, disciplined, and motivated.
- Must be at least a 2nd or 3rd-year student with at least 12 months remaining on their course (can be an undergraduate or postgraduate (Masters or Ph.D.)
- Studying or have studied a degree related to Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering, Mechatronics, or a similar discipline
- Must have unlimited work rights in Australia (Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Must be available full time during 2021
This Internship amounts to $38,000 tax-free for an Undergraduate and $42,000 tax-free for a Post-graduate working full-time for 12 months.