IT Information Security Graduate
Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
There are big things happening at nib. Not only do we exist to provide our customers with affordable health care when and where needed, we continue to challenge the status quo and look for new and innovative ways to grow our business, which is, in many cases, executed online.
The Opportunity :
We are now on the search for a Graduate IT Security Officer to join our Cyber Security team, which will see you assist with the design, implementation, maintenance and maturity of a comprehensive information security capability, in line with changing risks and regulatory compliance requirements for the nib Group.
To succeed in this role, you will consider yourself cyber-security curious and have an awareness of IT Security concepts. You will also have a hunger to master new skills and you will be open to challenging the norm!
What will make you stand out?
What's in it for you?
- Working to attain a relevant degree / TAFE qualification in a related discipline
- A desire to grow your career and develop your skill set: such as examples of self-study, or pursuing technical projects and interests in your own time
- Excellent verbal, written and documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems creatively
- Awareness of IT security concepts are a desirable
- Experience working with security tools including ethical hacking practice or other security related practices from self-directed study
- Understanding of cloud computing concepts and / or experience with AWS
- Be working towards information security industry certification(s)
At nib, we believe status quo is death. We support our people to be extraordinary and do extraordinary things. We admire diversity of thought and seek out people with an intrinsic need to make the world a better place. We offer a range of awesome employee benefits including discounted health insurance and corporate gym memberships
Our IT team are some of the most experienced professionals in Newcastle. We have a supportive, challenging culture where we swarm around opportunities and live by the motto 'we before me'... Team sports are kind of our thing.
If you want to get in on the action, apply to join us today!
This is a 12 months full time graduate role with a salary package (Approx. $55,000 plus superannuation per annum). In order to apply, applicants must be:
- Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident
Please apply using the following link here
If you are having problems applying, please send an email to email@example.com