L1 Network Engineer Graduate Position - South Brisbane, QLD
Founded in 1986 by partners Matthew Parker and Kon Kakanis, Sundata is a Brisbane-based organisation. We help organisations transform into the Cloud, select and deploy IT hardware and keep the lights on with ongoing support and managed services.
With over 100 corporations, government departments and schools enjoying a close and ongoing relationship with us, weâ€™re one of Australiaâ€™s leading technology partners.
We seek a Networking Graduate with the following required skills:
- Intermediate knowledge of networking technology, common protocols and standards such as TCP/IP, Ethernet, DNS etc.
- Intermediate understanding of IP network design and architecture including IP
- addressing, subnets, subnet masks etc.
- Intermediate knowledge and understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching
- concepts such as VLANs
- Intermediate knowledge of routers and routing protocols
- Intermediate understanding of network security including firewalls and endpoint
- security products
- Intermediate knowledge of wireless technologies
- Familiarity with the OSI model
- Intermediate network troubleshooting and investigative skills
- Familiarity with Intermediate network troubleshooting and diagnostic tools including ping, tracert, ipconfig, nslookup and others
In addition to the above technology specific skills, the graduate must also possess the following personal traits:
- Be fluent in English and have excellent people and personal communication skills
- Possess good writing and documentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Be an effective problem solver
- Ability to research solutions to problems using any and all available resources
- Possess a manual driverâ€™s license
- Experience with the MS Office suite of applications including Visio
Activities that this graduate could undertake include (but is not limited to):
- Configure, implement and maintain IT infrastructure solutions including switches, routers, firewalls, wireless access points and other supporting infrastructure
- Assist with reviewing and maintaining network documentation, policies and procedures, standards compliance
- Assist with reviewing, triaging, prioritising and responding to network monitoring and security alerts
- Assist with monitoring and maintenance of key systems to maintain the integrity and availability of those systems
- Work within the Service Desk support team
- Participating in afterhours and on-call support
The role is requires a candidate who is an Australian Citizen and is 12 months full time with a salary package of $41,000 including super.
Please apply using the following link here
If you are having problems applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org