Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent Technologies is the global leader in Test and Measurement technology. Employing over 19,000 people worldwide, we deliver innovative technologies, solutions and services across the communications, electronics and life sciences industries.
We set high standards. Our people are committed to innovation in ideas, contribution to success, trust, respect and teamwork in partnering together and uncompromising integrity that sustains success.
Intern - What’s in it for you !
Learn what it takes to be part of a world class software and hardware development team, with customers in Europe, Asia and North America, Agilent’s R&D team in Melbourne has what it takes to develop products for the global market. We also have extensive experience working with interns. We partner with the Australian Computing Society Foundation in delivering a program that ensures your professional and personal development, bringing you real-world experience to set you on a pathway for success in your chosen career.
You will be an integral member of a project team supporting our Research and Development strategy that delivers innovative hi-tech solutions to our customers. Work with a global team of world class software developers to deliver leading edge Instrument measurement solutions to the global market.
We have a number of 12 month Test Software Development positions in our R&D group within our Molecular and Atomic Spectroscopy business. Details are outlined below:
Test Software Engineering Internship:
Work as an integral member of a Software development team to deliver critical components or releases to NPD (New Product Development) project and ultimately the market. Make use of various test methods to ensure that quality standards are maintained throughout the Software Development Lifecycle.
Specific tasks may include:
• designing and developing test cases to match software development requirements
• running and writing regression tests of Agilent products using an automated environment
• use version control tools to manage code versions, and defect tracking to track quality
• troubleshooting problems, and working with senior developers/testers to help identify root causes
• Cucumber / Typescript / Continuous integration (advantageous)
• software version control, product lifecycle, software quality
• good verbal and written communication skills, self motivated and self directing
• completion of at least second year of Bachelors degree majoring in Software Engineering / Computer Science
When applying, please ensure you include your current results. It is expected that interns would commence during January 2018. Please note that the salary is paid via a Scholarship arrangement and is not subject to tax.
Work Integrated Learning
Australian citizen or permanent resident