NECA - Communications and PR intern
St Leonards, NSW
- Media monitoring and analysis (using the Meltwater media platform*).
- Writing and distributing member communications (using the Swift Digital e-newsletter platform*).
- Administering NECA National’s social media platforms – currently Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Writing and creating posts/campaigns to support NECA’s activities.
- Creating and maintaining the NECA activity calendar.
- Creating and publishing content to the NECA website and intranet site via a Content Management System CMS.
- Producing communications for NECA events and training – invitations and reminders, RSVP tracking and reporting (using the Swift Digital portal*).
- Assisting with surveys and reports to provide insight into the effectiveness of NECA’s communications.
- Understanding of communications/marketing/public relations
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Social Media savvy – able to generate Social Media posts that support business objectives and generate awareness and profile.
- Confident in learning and using online marketing, communication and CMS platforms.
- Knowledge of HTML coding an advantage.
Desired Experience/Business Skills
- Friendly and willing-to-help with a hands-on approach.
- Collaborative approach – to working with people across NSW and interstate.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to conduct basic research and develop analytic reports.
- An appreciation of deadlines.
- A preparedness to ask for help when needed.
Qualifications - Australian University Degree
- Combined Business/Computer Science
Must be enrolled in an Australian University.
This is a part time role- up to 2.5 days per week for 12 months, scholarship amount $16,000 tax free.
Flexible according to university commitments – part time during term/exam time and full time during holidays is ideal.