Insig Technologies - Junior Software Developer
InSig Technologies is a fast growing Mining Technology company with a newly created role for a fast learning and enthusiastic Junior Software Developer. The role will be based in their head office in Perth, on projects that will be developed and deployed to sites anywhere across the globe, specifically Africa’s, America’s and Asia Pacific, making this an exciting and unique opportunity.
You will be working towards the development of a digital mining platform for an international mining organization. The solutions you work on will provide remote enablement and automation capability across multiple regions that will increase operational visibility and ultimately support improved decision-making across the business.
You will work with local and remote software development teams following the Software Development Lifecycle and using the Agile methodology, specifically Scrum.
- Experience with either C#, Typescript, Golang, Java, or Python – understands object orientation and inheritance as well as design patterns and principles.
- Experience with HTML/CSS (or SASS).
- Experience using Git source control.
- Familiar with software testing.
- Knowledge of REST API basics including JSON.
- Understanding of databases and experience with SQL or similar.
- General understanding of the Internet of Things.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with a high-level ability to articulate and present complex concepts clearly and concisely.
- Proven ability to work effectively under general direction, and to work collaboratively to achieve team and individual goals.
- Strong customer experience orientation.
- English speaking.
- Full working rights for Western Australia, Australia.
- Ability to successfully pass Police Check’s as required.
- Intellectual curiosity with the ability to question and problem solve.
- Must be willing to work in a dynamic environment, take on a challenge, and learn new skills wherever required.
- Linux and the command line.
- MQTT, OSI PI, and other industrial protocols.
- UI/UX design and wireframing.
- Vue/Angular/React Experience.
- Experience with Kepware.
- Knowledge of the Mining technologies and Resources sector, particularly underground mining.
- IT/Networking knowledge.
- Cloud and microservices understanding/experience (AWS / Azure).
- Experience using Kanban, especially Jira and/or Confluence.
- Docker experience.
- Knowledge of timeseries databases/historians.
- Understanding of Big Data / Data Warehousing.
- Experience with Data analytics / dashboarding in Power BI, Tableau, or similar.
- UI Path / other RPA technologies.
- Artificial Intelligence (ML/DL) experience.
- Computer Science/Engineering (Including Data Science)
- Information Technology, Information Systems
- Business/commerce/management (Major in IT/IS)
- Combined Business, computer science
This role amounts to $17 000 for a student working full-time for 6 months.